The RobHome project is now a reality! We are very happy to be able to explain that it is already implemented in two basic health areas of the Hospital de Olot and Comarcal de la Garrotxa Foundation. We are also working on the development with Suara Cooperativa, within the Asista project.
RobHome is a project that, through intelligent voice devices, sensors, and IoT (internet of things) elements, aims to improve the quality of life of the elderly who live at home, as well as provide information to their main caregivers and the professionals who have responsibilities over them.
Different skills (applications) have been developed to favor support in health, entertainment, medical assistance, communication, and response to exceptional situations (such as Covid-19), as well as to help prolong the time that older people can live in their homes in conditions of safety and optimal quality of life.
To learn more about the project, José Luis Infiesta, CEO of YASYT Robotics, highlights the 4 key aspects of the RobHome project:
1. CIP (Component Integration Platform):
RobHome is conceived as a technological platform where different types of devices can be integrated, so that, as new solutions appear on the market, they can be easily incorporated:
- Detection sensors, for example, to see the movements of a person to avoid falls.
- Voice devises to make orders to the system in an easy way.
- Home IoT devices control different elements of homes, such as lights or water consumption.
- Medical equipment that provides information on the health status of the person.
- Wearables, such as smartwatches that can give us information on the level of physical activity of people.
2. IPI (Intuitive Proactive Interaction):
The user communicates through the system by voice and, in this way, communication is intuitive, since the user does not have to do any operation, he simply asks or declares what he needs.
The system is proactive since it is constantly attentive to any order expressed by the user. It can also act autonomously by programming reminders or capturing incidents and alarm situations.
The voice interface is reinforced with other capabilities that enhance global proactivity, such as the touch screen.
3. Artificial intelligence:
The system is supported by several AI algorithms designed to respond to the needs of users, establishing a criterion of long term relationship, which allows you to customize the services offered to the maximum:
- Security levels.
- Management of alarms.
- Medication plan.
- Cognitive stimulation plan.
- Data management.
4. Big data:
The exploitation of RobHome functionalities and services will generate a significant volume of data that will be managed, anonymously, for two purposes:
- Evolution of the use and responses of the users to allow the optimization of supervision and planning tasks focused on an increasingly better service.
- Correlation of user information to establish trend analysis and evolution aimed at obtaining global conclusions, applicable to the entire society.
RobHome is a living and constantly evolving project, which is why we work closely with users, as well as with health and social professionals to understand how the use of technology can help them in their day-to-day life.
Soon we will have the first results, which we will share with all of you.